Salary : 120-150K USD / year, full-time
Location: Remote, but based in US Eastern Time Zone
Clause is a privately held software company based in New York City with our employees located throughout the US and the UK. We are in the early stages of our exciting growth trajectory, rapidly expanding our team across all disciplines and geographies. We are focused on building the future of digital agreements enabling enterprises to connect their contracts to business systems in order to automate document workflows while informing the contract and the customer with real-time data. The demand for smart, digital agreements is accelerating, thus advancing the need for Clause’s groundbreaking connected contract platform.
As the staff software engineer at Clause, you will lead the development of key features on our groundbreaking platform for connected contracts.
You will have a proven track record of working on a complex SaaS product and leading a team of engineers to build web solutions that customers love.
Alongside the Chief Scientist, you will be the most senior engineer in our US team; you will report to the Director of Engineering in the UK.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Clause’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Contributing to product strategy and influencing the objectives of your team.
- Nurturing the standards for style, maintainability, and development practices for a high-scale web environment. Advocating for these standards through code review and mentoring.
- Representing Clause and its values in public communication and interacting with customers and partners as spokesperson for the work of your team.
- Write accessible & tested code.
- Deep professional experience with Node.js and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Proficient with Docker and container orchestration (e.g. with AWS ECS)
- Proficient with Bash scripting and CI/CD (e.g. GitHub Actions)
- 7yrs+ engineering experience
- Comfortable with asynchronous communication, particularly through writing.
- Experience as an engineer in a SOC 2 or ISO 27001 certified organisation.
- Experience building enterprise products
- Experience deploying Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. with AWS CloudFormation)
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Fully remote, with support for home-working
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible work schedule
- Independent training day each month
- Conference allowance
2-3 interviews with a cross-section of the team. One of these interviews will be more technical, with a focus on solution design / architecture.
Please email your résumé to email@example.com