Salary : 140-175K USD / year, full-time
Location: Remote, but based in US. Eastern time-zone preferred.
Clause is a privately held software company based in New York City with our employees located throughout the US and the UK. We are in the early stages of our exciting growth trajectory, rapidly expanding our team across all disciplines and geographies. We are building the future of digital agreements; enabling enterprises to connect their contracts to business systems in order to automate document workflows while informing the contract and the customer with real-time data. The demand for smart, digital agreements is accelerating, thus advancing the need for Clause’s groundbreaking connected contract platform.
As a senior software engineer at Clause, you will lead the development of key features on our groundbreaking platform for connected contracts.
You will be the technical lead for the US team; you will report to the Director of Engineering in the UK.
You will have a proven track record of working on a complex SaaS product and leading a team of engineers to build web solutions that customers love.
You will be supported to implement improvements to our process, tooling, and roadmap based your insight.
You will be encouraged to support the work of the Accord Project by making open-source contributions that align with Clause's objectives.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Clause’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Contributing to product strategy and influencing the objectives of your team.
- Nurturing the standards for style, maintainability, and development practices for a high-scale web environment. Advocating for these standards through code review and mentoring.
- Leading integration projects with our partners such as DocuSign, Plaid, Stripe and Salesforce.
- Representing Clause and its values in public by interacting with customers as a spokesperson for the work of your team, or through blog posts and public speaking.
- Being an individual contributor and writing accessible & tested code.
- Deep professional experience with Node.js and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Proficient with Docker and container orchestration (e.g. with AWS ECS)
- Proficient with Bash scripting and CI/CD (e.g. GitHub Actions)
- 7yrs+ engineering experience
- Comfortable with asynchronous communication, particularly through writing.
- Experience as an engineer in a SOC 2 or ISO 27001 certified organisation.
- Experience building enterprise products
- Experience deploying Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. with AWS CloudFormation)
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Fully remote, with support for home-working
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible work schedule
- Independent training day each month
- Conference allowance
- Paid leave. US: 15 days / year. UK: statutory annual leave
2-3 interviews with a cross-section of the team. One of these interviews will be more technical, with a focus on solution design / architecture.
Please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not able to provide visa sponsorship.